Sunday 3 August 2008

Our first Craft Fair...

...was the most fun, ever!

The day started with glorious weather - bright blue skies, warm sunshine, lots of people in Stornoway for the Continental Market, the Fun Fair, the Carnival...and of course, the Craft Fair!

Then, in true Hebridean fashion, the heavens opened and it poured! Take a look!
The start of the carnival procession was delayed as the heavy rain made it too dangerous for the floats. Eventually, they got the go-ahead.
Inside the Town Hall, was our first ever stall at the Outer Hebrides Art and Craft Association Craft Fair.

And we were in great company. Here are my friends, Nicky (with her fabulous Hebridean Humpties) and Kim (with her beautiful photographs). What talented people and such good fun!

Lovely gaelic music was playing and I was just so happy to be there. A dream come true...

I have this inspirational piece, printed out and up on the wall in front of me...

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Live the life you have imagined."
Henry David Thoreau

How glad I am that I followed his advice!

We will be at the Craft Fair, in the Town Hall
in Stornoway on the following dates:
Saturday 16th August
Saturday 20th September
Saturday 18th October
Saturday 22nd November
Thursday 18th December
Monday 22nd December
Tuesday 23rd December
Wednesday 24th December

We'd love to see you...come and say hello!

1 comment:

AC said...

I have just brought your 'Pictish Creatures in Blue' download and just wanted to let you know just how pleased I am with it:-)
Thank you
Alison.