Sunday 22 June 2008

Sun and Moon in the Hebrides

Here we are, just the other side of Midsummer's Day. The rain is lashing on my window and the wind is howling! It's rather fitting somehow!

Last week, I took a walk down the garden with the labrador before going to bed. Here's a photo of what I saw. Notice the moonlight on the sea - so beautiful. Oh, by the way, this was at 11.15pm!

It was dark by 11.30 and then like this again by 3am.

A few nights later, we had this fabulous sunset. We are so lucky to have some breathtaking ones here. The west side of the island is famous for them. We're on the east side, so goodness knows what they had over there! The photo is untouched and has not been coloured or 'photoshopped'. Sometimes, you just can't improve on nature!

1 comment:

Scriptor Senex said...

My brother's house can be seen on the photo with Bayble Island. So your house appears on one of my sites - http://cjehebrides.blogspot.com/
I hope you visit it and enjoy!